Are you looking for a beautiful, natural setting for your next gathering? Consider Oxbow’s Open Air Spaces for a rustic and tranquil retreat in the Snoqualmie Valley, just 35 minutes from Seattle. Our property is an ideal location for private parties, corporate retreats, or group picnics.
The Spaces offer picnic and meeting space in a beautiful outdoor setting, and features a shaded grape arbor, garden beds with herbs and flowers, a small, natural amphitheater, and a “Living Playground” of vine tunnels.
Our Spaces are situated on Oxbow’s 230-acre property between the towns of Duvall and Carnation, in western Washington. The landscape is home to a 30-acre organic vegetable farm, a Native Plant Nursery, a 1-acre educational “Kids’ Farm,” and is the site of ongoing work to protect and restore the natural environment.
At your request, Oxbow’s staff of farmers, educators, and ecologists are available to share information about sustainable farming and environmental restoration with your group.
Planning a child’s birthday party? See our birthday party page for more info.
Our Open Air Spaces
The Oxbow Garden
This lush space is the perfect setting for a quiet retreat, away from traffic and the duties of everyday life. This secluded space is surrounded by nature, flower beds, herb gardens, natural forests, and farmland. Chirping bird included!
The Amphitheater is a special outdoor space your guests will enjoy and works well for presentations and group discussions under the shade of an authentic nautical sail. This space accommodates up to 30 adults.
The Grape Arbor
The Grape Arbor is designed as a shaded tunnel to provide you and your guests a cool, private seating area for lunches and discussions. The space offers picnic table seating for 25 adults or 35 children.
The Living Playground
If you have kids coming to your event, the Living Playground is an inspired play area for children with a maze of tunnels, a wooden lodge, and other all-natural structures decorated with beautiful flowers and vines.
Six consecutive hours of access to the Oxbow Open Air Spaces, including set-up and tear-down, costs $480. Additional time can be added for $100/hour.
The Open Air Spaces are open for rental every day, weekends included, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Activities and add-ons
For adults: Oxbow’s staff may be available to offer tours around our property that discuss organic farming, habitat restoration, and wildlife conservation. Offerings include:
- Farm tour ($100 for up to 25 guests): A 1-hour walking tour of our farm fields, basic introduction to organic farming methods and the role of organic farms in the food system. Additional charges will apply if there are more than 25 guests.
- Conservation tour ($100 for up to 25 guests): A 1-hour walking tour focused on habitat conservation and on the importance of native plants in healthy, resilient landscapes. Additional charges will apply if there are more than 25 guests.
For kids: Our environmental education staff are also available to lead educational farm tours for kids under age 13. These 1-hour tours cost $100 for up to 20 kids. Additional charges will apply for more than 20 kids.
Availability of activities depends on the season. Some possibilities include:
- Guided Kid’s Farm tour and seed-planting activity: Kids will learn about the seasons and take home a young seedling from the farm.
- Six-plant-part scavenger hunt: Take an edible tour around the Kids’ Farm to learn about (and eat!) the six plant parts.
- U-pick seasonal vegetables or berries to snack on and take home: First pint or bunch included! We love to see our youngest guests excited to take home food right from the farm!
Book your event
We offer customized venue rental options for all kinds of events and group sizes. If you are interested in having a group event at Oxbow, let us know the following via email and we’ll see how we can help:
When? – Please specify ideal dates and time of day.
What? – Briefly describe your event and tell us the ideal style and tone.
How many? – How many people do you anticipate?
What do you need from Oxbow? – Just access to the property? Tables and seating? Tent?
Caterers and other suppliers – Let us know if you want us to work with a specific caterer, rental company, winery, or other supply of your choice.
Contacts: Provide us with the best way to contact you to get the conversation started.