Oxbow’s most bountiful and beautiful season is fall. Join in the harvest season celebration with us! A real farm with real farm fun! Our pumpkin patch, as well as our Kids’ Farm, is open to visitors Thursday-Sunday this month!
Open hours in October: Thursdays, noon – 5pm. Fridays – Sundays, 10am – 5pm
What to do
- Scavenger hunts for kids: Saturdays and Sundays at 11:00 Farmers Sarah and Pat, Oxbow’s farm educators, will be leading educational scavenger hunts for kids around the Kids’ Farm. Kids of all ages (grownups too!) will explore the farm, learn about plants, and HARVEST directly from the fields! Scavenger hunts are $5 per kid. See below for more info
- Cooking classes: Saturdays at 12:30 Join Oxbow’s nutritionist-in-residence, Farmer Cameron, in a cooking class and learn how to prepare Oxbow’s falltime veggies with a twist! Farmer Cameron is offering a different class each week. Classes are for ages 9-99. $10 per person. Class and registration information here
- Hay rides: Every hour, on the half hour (10:30, 11:30, 12:30, etc.) Join one of Oxbow’s founding farmers, Farmer Luke, on a family-friendly hayride around the farm. See what vegetables are growing in our fields and learn about how we take care of the forest AND the river IN ADDITION to our plants
- U-pick pumpkins: Our pumpkin patch is overflowing with pumpkins of all shapes and sizes! They are in the fields, recently cut from the vines, and waiting for you!
- Picnic: Oxbow has several indoor and outdoor picnicking areas in and around the Kids’ Farm. Picnic tables are first come, first serve.
- Kids’ Farm: The Kids’ Farm is Oxbow’s 1-acre educational farm. With all of the produce of the production farm (with waaaayyyy less stress), the Kids’ Farm is a perfect place for kids and adults to learn about the work we do. Take a walk through the 3 Sisters Path, test your plant-ID knowledge with our Guess the Veg signs, or simply walk around and imagine life as a farmer.
- Living Playground: Oxbow’s living playground is an all-natural play area for kids with tunnels, domes, and a tee-pee covered in gourds, beans, hops and other greenery.
- Climbing Tractor: Perhaps Oxbow’s most popular attraction, the Climbing Tractor is a REAL farm tractor that has been retired, repainted, and repurposed as a dream-come-true for kids big and small. Nothing compares to the feeling of sitting in the driver’s seat. Nothing.
- House o’ Hay: ALWAYS a crowd-pleaser, the House o’ Hay is a castle built from straw bales, located inside of our greenhouse on the west end of the Kids’ Farm. This is our rainy day playhouse with indoor picnic tables, and enough nooks and crannies to keep kids happy for hours, nay, DAYS.
- Pumpkin Sling King: Oxbow’s pumpkin sling-shot IS as fun as it sounds. It will excite your inner child and test your aim. Good luck hitting the targets!
What to Buy
Oxbow’s Farm Stand is open in conjunction with our Pumpkin Patch. We are selling many organic heirloom vegetable varieties in addition to, of course, our pumpkins:
- Jack-o-lantern, sugar pie, cinderella, and other decorative varieties of pumpkin. We have thousands. Prices vary by type.
- Unique and colorful strains of heirloom winter squash, as well as delicata, acorn, and spaghetti squash.
- Indian Corn and POPCORN on the cob, grown on the Oxbow Kid’s Farm and SO DELICIOUS!
- Oxbow seed packets—take-home and plant-yourself packets of certified Oxbow Farm sunflower, scarlet runner bean, and Dakota Black popcorn seeds.
- Assorted other produce, depending on the harvest! Likely kale, rainbow chard, broccoli, beets, potatoes, leeks, and sweet peppers.
- T-shirts! New this season, OFFICIAL Oxbow Farm “Eat More Carrots” shirts. Adult and kid sizes available.