Oxbow is seeking volunteer instructors for each week of summer camp this season! Our summer camps are opportunities for kids to engage with the farm and learn about the process of growing food. We strive to give each child meaningful opportunities to connect with the farm. This is only possible with a low instructor to student ratio. Volunteers are vital to our mission of providing quality education and opportunities for connection to our summer campers.
This summer, we have four weeks of camp:
July 6-10 Mission: Explore camp for 4-6 year-olds (9am-3pm)
July 20-25 Share the Peas camp for 7-12 year-olds (8am-4pm)
August 3-7 Mission: Explore camp for 4-6 year-olds (8am-4pm)
August 10-14 Apprentice Farmers camp for 7-12 year-olds (8am-4pm)
- 12 or older by July 1, 2015
- Experience teaching, babysitting, or otherwise supervising/spending time with children
- Reliable: Able to spend five consecutive full days at the farm (9am-3pm for half-day camps or 8am-4pm for full day camps)
- Good Attitude: Able to stay positive and upbeat and serve as a role model for the campers
- Hardy: Able to keep at it for five long days in the sun!
- Knowledge of or interest in learning about sustainable agriculture and food systems.
- Experience engaging with kids in an educational setting
- Gain greater understanding of organic agriculture and sustainable food production
- Free food! Volunteers are welcome to our leftover produce at the end of each day
- Spend five full days in a BEAUTIFUL setting with AMAZING people
If you are interested in being a summer camp volunteer, download our Summer Camp Volunteer Application and return it, by email OR snail mail, to Meredith.
10819 Carnation-Duvall Rd NE
Carnation, WA, 98014