Every summer, Oxbow’s camps are supported by an incredible group of volunteer instructors. Our summer camps are opportunities for kids to engage with the farm and learn about the process of growing food. We strive to give each child meaningful opportunities to connect with the farm. This is only possible with a low instructor-to-student ratio. Volunteers are vital to our mission of providing quality education and opportunities for connection to our summer campers.
We will share the schedule for 2017’s summer camps in December. You can sign up to get an email when it’s time to register!
Summer camp volunteers must commit to five full consecutive days at the farm. Volunteers arrive one hour before campers and leave one hour after campers. Volunteer hours for full day camps are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and hours for half-day camps are 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Volunteers will also need to attend a one-day orientation and training in June.
- 13 or older by July 1, 2017
- Experience teaching, babysitting, or otherwise supervising/spending time with children
- Reliable: Able to volunteer for the duration of one summer camp session (five consecutive full days) at the farm and have access to transportation to and from the farm each day.
- Good Attitude: Able to stay positive and upbeat and serve as a role model for the campers
- Hardy: Able to keep at it for five long days in the sun!
- Knowledge of or interest in learning about sustainable agriculture and food systems.
- Experience engaging with kids in an educational setting
- Gain greater understanding of organic agriculture and sustainable food production
- Free food! Volunteers are welcome to our leftover produce at the end of each day
- Spend five full days in a BEAUTIFUL setting with AMAZING people
How to apply:
We will begin accepting applications for summer camp volunteers in February. Check back for updates.