Fall Festival & Farm Stand Staff
Seasonal, part-time, late September – October
Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center researches, practices, and shares ideas about how humans can benefit from the land in ways compatible with nature.
What We Offer
The Center is located on 230 acres of forest and grassland bordered by Western Washington’s Snoqualmie River. We use this mixed landscape to:
Produce food. We cultivate 30 acres of mixed vegetable crops using agro-ecological principles and engage in research to inform conservation farming practice.
Grow native plants. We operate a native plant nursery that produces plants for habitat restoration projects, educational gardens, and urban landscapes, and conducts research on native plant propagation using sustainable growing methods.
Connect children to nature. We offer environmental education programs for children pre-K thru high school to build their comfort in the outdoors and provide them with opportunities to learn about the links between agriculture, conservation, and the environment.
The Fall Festival & Farm Stand Staff is responsible for creating a positive customer experience at our fall harvest festival and farm stand. Our popular pumpkin patch and farm stand will be open Thursday thru Sunday in Oxtober providing visitors with the opportunity to purchase a variety of vegetables, pumpkins, and native plants. On the weekends we will have additional fall festival activities such as; kid’s activities, hay rides, food trucks, beer & wine, and live music.
The farm stand is open in conjunction with “Oxtober,” our popular fall harvest festival and pumpkin patch. Under the supervision of the General Manager and Farm Stand Manager, Fall Festival & Farm Stand Staff will provide a welcoming experience. As a farm in peak season, we occasionally have sudden needs for hands helping in other capacities across the organization. This could include assisting in our on-farm school field trip programming or other tasks as needed.
- Providing exceptional customer service at point of sale and across the festival
- Participating in school field trip programming, occasionally and as needed
- Answering questions and directing public around the property
- Helping maintain the property
- Making sales of farm product and festival activities
- Working with children and families in the Kids’ Farm
- Selling beer and wine and checking photo ID (must be 21 or older)
- Setting up the farm stand displaying produce and signage
- Making sales and facilitating checkout at the register
- Restocking produce and maintaining an attractive stand
- Breaking down stand at the end of the day and packing produce for storage
- Taking inventory
- Other harvesting and processing tasks as needed (including work unrelated to farm stand)
- Friendly and personable
- Comfortable with sales and customer service
- Able to lift 70 pounds
- Good physical shape
- Math skills
- Good communication skills
- First-aid certification a plus
- Experience working with children a plus
Variable, 2-4 days and 10-30 hours per week. Must be able to work weekends.
$10-$12/hour, plus produce
Please email a resume, letter of interest, and 3 references to:
Finance & Operations Manager
Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center
Please write “Fall festival staff” in the email subject line and include where you found this position in the message body.
Deadline to apply
This position will remain open until filled.