About Oxbow Farm and our CSA
Located in the Snoqualmie Valley, we’re a 25 acre mixed vegetable, tree fruit and berry farm bordering an ‘oxbow’ lake (hence the name). We’ve been farming and running CSA’s for over 14 years, you’ll see this experience in our selection and taste it in our quality. Our produce is available throughout the greater Seattle area at farmers markets, independent grocery stores, restaurants and, most importantly, through our CSA.
Registration begins early February
What is a CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture, where an individual or household subscribes to a local farm for the growing season. The customer (that’s you!) pays up front for a weekly share of vegetables throughout the growing season, and the farmer (that’s us!) uses that investment of cash to buy seeds and pay the bills during the spring when we have a lot of expenses but not a lot of income. By participating in a CSA, you are sharing the risks and rewards associated with farming, intimately connecting you to your community and your food supply.
CSA Pickup Locations
- U-District @ the Portage Bay Grange , Sunday
- White Center @ Caffe Delia , Sunday
- Downtown @ Plymouth Church , Sunday
- Ballard Farmers Market , Sunday
- Belltown @ HasOffers.Com , Tuesday
- Madison Valley @ Cafe Flora , Tuesday
- Wedgwood @ The Grateful Bread , Tuesday
- Capitol Hill @ Marigold and Mint , Thursday
- Montlake @ Anny’s House , Thursday
- U-District @ UW Hillel , Thursday
- Queen Anne @ Kavana , Thursday
- North Seattle Community College , Thursday
- Shoreline @ Kruckeberg Botanical Garden , Thursday
- Pioneer Square @ London Plane , Friday
- Columbia City @ Monica’s House , Friday
- Wallingford @ Meg’s House , Friday
- Belltown @ Patagonia , Friday
- Madrona @ Michele’s House (pending interest) , Friday
- Carnation Farmers Market , Tuesday
- Mercer Island @ Stroum Jewish Community Center , Thursday
- Duvall @ The Grange Cafe , Thursday
- Kirkland @ Rose Hill , Friday
- Redmond Ridge @ Alpine Integrated Medicine , Friday
- Bellevue @ Cupcake Royale , Friday
Your Weekly Box
Oxbow’s high season CSA runs from mid-June through October; 20 weeks-worth of 100% certified organic, Salmon Safe certified, lip-smackin’ good produce. We also offer a Winter CSA that extends your deliveries 4 weeks into early December.
Because our CSA is supplied by what we directly grow on our farm, the contents of the weekly shares reflect our growing season. That means that at the start of the season, in June, you will see a lot of leafy greens, peas & berries. At the height of the season, in late August/early September, you will have a hefty box full of glorious summer vegetables like beans, cucumbers, squash and herbs. And in October, at the close of the season, we will load you up with storage crops like potatoes, beets, parsnips & winter squash in addition to all the veggies you’ve fallen in love with already. To see what shares look like throughout the growing season, click here.
In addition to Oxbow’s finest produce, we are working with other small farmers, ranchers and artisan producers to offer you more locally sourced food!
- Organic Fruit share from a small collective of fruit growers in the Okanogan Valley in eastern WA – where the best, heat-loving fruit is grown, like cherries & peaches.
- Sauerkraut share from OlyKraut, a small producer in Olympia
- Shiitake Mushroom share from our neighbors Sno-Valley Mushrooms
- Oxbow Honey share from ‘Mat the Bee Guy’ who manages our bees
- A truly special Jam share, made in small batches by the lovely Ayako & Family who specialize in a wide variety of plum and apricot jams!
Every week’s box comes with our Farm Newsletter (delivered by email) with information on the veggies in your box, lots of recipes, and farm news. All to help you eat your veggies and keep you connected to the goings-on on the farm.
Farmer’s Markets & Independent Grocers
In addition to our CSA delivery you can purchase Oxbow’s finest at a handful of farmer’s markets & independent grocery stores.
Ballard Farmers Market, Sunday’s from 10am-3pm. Look for us in April!
Carnation Farmers Market, Tuesday’s from 3-7pm starting May 1st
Central Coop (formerly Madison Market) on Capitol Hill
http://marigoldandmint.com/in the Melrose Market on Capitol Hill
Family Grocer in Duvall
Restaurants Serving Oxbow Produce
You can also eat our delicious veggies prepared by some of the best chefs in and around Seattle. Here’s a list of some of our best customers, we strongly recommend you check them out and thank them for supporting local, organic farming.
Chefs, when we say we deliver the freshest produce around we ain’t lying. We deliver on Tuesday’s & Friday’s and all produce is harvested to order. Meaning most everthing is harvested the day before delivery with our delicate crops, like lettuce, harvested the morning of delivery. We are also very particlar about our processing & quailty control, so the produce you receive is gorgeous and ready to use! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to receive our fresh sheet.