About Oxbow Farm and our CSA
Located in the Snoqualmie Valley, Oxbow is a 25 acre mixed vegetable, tree fruit and berry farm bordering an oxbow lake. We have been farming and running our CSA for 16 years.
What is a CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture, where an individual or household subscribes to a local farm for the growing season. The customer (that’s you!) pays up front for a weekly share of vegetables throughout the growing season, and the farmer (that’s us!) uses that investment of cash to buy seeds and pay the bills during the spring when we have a lot of expenses but not a lot of income. Then we deliver a box of produce every week from June through November to a pick-up site near your house.
By participating in a CSA, you are sharing the risks and rewards associated with farming, intimately connecting you to your community and your food supply.
Interested getting your box delivered directly to your home or business? Consider becoming an Oxbow CSA Site Host! Click here for details.
CSA Pickup Locations
- Beacon Hill @ Heather’s house , Friday
- Mount Baker @ Laura’s house , Friday
- Fremont @ Book Larder , Friday
- Central District @ Meg’s house , Friday
- Capitol Hill @ Cupcake Royale , Friday
- Kenmore @ Pagliacci Pizza , Thursday
- Ballinger @ Pagliacci Pizza , Thursday
- N Seattle on 145th St @ Pagliacci Pizza , Thursday
- Roosevelt @ Thrive Cafe , Wednesday
- Ballard @ Pagliacci Pizza , Wednesday
- Downtown Seattle @ Eat Local , Wednesday
- Ballard @ Cupcake Royale , Sunday
- Shilshole @ Jibe Espresso Bar , Sunday
- Queen Anne @ Eat Local , Sunday
- West Seattle @ Cupcake Royale , Sunday
- Burien @ Eat Local , Sunday
- U-Village @ Ibex Outdoor Clothing , Sunday
- U-District @ the Portage Bay Grange , Sunday
- Madrona @ Michele’s House , Sunday
- Downtown @ Plymouth Church , Sunday
- White Center @ Caffe Delia , Sunday
- Sammamish @ Val’s house , Friday
- Redmond @ CrossFit PTV , Thursday
- Juanita @ Pagliacci Pizza , Wednesday
- Kirkland @ Farmer’s Cellar , Sunday
- Woodinville @ Vicki’s house , Sunday
- Redmond @ Keep It Simple Farm , Sunday
- Carnation @ Dog Mountain’s Farm to Table Cafe , Wednesday
- Mercer Island @ Stroum Jewish Community Center , Thursday
- Duvall @ The Grange Cafe , Thursday
- Bellevue @ Pagliacci Pizza , Wednesday
- Redmond Ridge @ Alpine Integrated Medicine , Friday
- Kirkland @ Pagliacci Pizza , Wednesday
- Issaquah @ Danielle’s , Friday 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Your Weekly Box
Oxbow’s high season CSA runs from mid-June through October; 20 weeks-worth of 100% certified organic, Salmon Safe certified, lip-smackin’ good produce. We also offer a Winter Share that extends your deliveries 4 weeks into early December.
Because our CSA is supplied by what we directly grow on our farm, the contents of your box reflect our growing season. That means that at the start of the season, in June, you will see a lot of leafy greens, peas & berries. At the height of the season, in late August/early September, you will have a hefty box full of glorious summer vegetables like beans, cucumbers, squash and herbs. And in October/November, near the close of the season, we will load you up with storage crops like potatoes, beets, parsnips & winter squash in addition to all the veggies you’ve fallen in love. To see what shares look like throughout the growing season, click here.
We recognize that one cannot survive on veggies alone! We work with high-quality, local producers to offer our customers a variety of value-added products to round out their healthy meals. Our Add-ons support local, small, independent businesses that are committed to the same values we are, and include:
- Organic Fruit share from Okanogan Producers a small collective of fruit growers in Eastern WA, where the best, heat-loving fruit is grown.
- Sauerkraut share from OlyKraut, a small producer in Olympia
- Shiitake Mushroom share from our neighbors Sno-Valley Mushrooms
- Granola share from Seattle-based Marge Granola
- Oxbow Honey share from ‘Mat the Bee Guy’ who manages our bees
- Coffee share from Anchorhead Coffee, Fair Trade coffee roasted in Duvall
- A truly special Jam share, made in small batches by the lovely Ayako & Family who specialize in a wide variety of plum and apricot jams!
- Tea share from Bird’s Eye Tea
Every week’s box comes with our Farm Newsletter (delivered by email) with information on the veggies in your box, lots of recipes, and farm news. All to help you eat your veggies and keep you connected to the goings-on on the farm.
Restaurants Serving Oxbow Produce
You can also eat our delicious veggies prepared by some of the best chefs in and around Seattle. Here’s a list of some of our best customers, we strongly recommend you check them out and thank them for supporting local, organic farming.
- The Grange Café
- Sitka & Spruce
- The Corson Building
- Bar Sajor
- The London Plane
- Portage Bay Café
- Sand Point Grill
- Tilikum Place Café
- Café Flora
- The Duvall Grill
- Bastille Cafe & Bar
- The Walrus and Carpenter
- Little Uncle
- Café Juanita
- Terra Plata
- Art of the Table
Chefs, when we say we deliver the freshest produce around, we’re not lying. We deliver on Tuesdays & Fridays and ALL produce is harvested to order, Meaning most everything is harvested the day before delivery with our delicate crops, like lettuces, harvested the morning of delivery. We are also very particular about our processing & quality control, so the produce you receive is gorgeous and ready to use!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to receive our fresh sheet.